1. When was United Online formed?
United Online was formed as a result of the merger between NetZero and Juno Online Services, which was completed on September 25, 2001. The common stock of United Online began trading on the Nasdaq National Market on September 26, 2001, under the symbol UNTD.
2. Has United Online ever issued a stock split?
On November 3, 2003 United Online's common stock split 3-for-2. On November 1, 2013, in connection with its tax-free spin off of FTD Companies, Inc., United Online announced the completion of a one-for-seven reverse stock split. Please click here to read the press release for additional details.
3. How were my shares of United Online impacted by the November 1, 2013 tax-free spin off of FTD and the one-for-seven reverse stock split?
Under the terms of the distribution and the reverse stock split:
• United Online stockholders were distributed one share of FTD common stock for every five shares of United Online common stock they held as of the close of business on October 10, 2013, the record date, effective as of 12:01 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on November 1, 2013 (prior to giving effect to the reverse stock split of United Online shares).
• United Online effected a one-for-seven reverse stock split of United Online common stock at 11:59 p.m. EDT on October 31, 2013.
Please click here to read the press release for additional details.
For information on the cost basis of UNTD and FTD following the spin off, please click here.
4. Can I receive email alert notifications of United Online press releases and SEC filings?
Please visit the "E-mail alert" section of our Web site and complete the subscription process.
5. Who is the transfer agent for United Online?
Computershare Trust Company, N.A.
P.O. Box 43070
Providence, RI 02940-3070
6. What can I do if I lost my stock certificate, or if I have a name or address change?
Contact the company's transfer agent, Computershare Trust Company, as listed above and they will instruct you on how to proceed.
7. Does United Online have a dividend policy?
On January 31, 2014, United Online announced that its Board of Directors had determined to discontinue cash dividend payments in order to provide financial flexibility to support anticipated long-term growth initiatives. The payment of future dividends is discretionary and will be subject to determination by the Board of Directors each quarter following its review of the company's financial performance and other factors.
8. Does United Online have a DRIP (dividend reinvestment plan)?
There are no current plans to offer a DRIP.
9. Does United Online have a direct stock purchase plan?
United Online does not offer shares of its stock through a direct stock purchase plan.
10. When does United Online's fiscal year end?
11. What happened to my shares of NetZero or Juno?
NetZero and Juno ceased to trade as separate public companies effective September 26, 2001. Shareholders of NetZero received 0.2000 shares of United Online for each share of NetZero, and shareholders of Juno received 0.3570 shares of United Online for each share of Juno.
If you held your shares through a broker, your shares of either NetZero or Juno were automatically converted into shares of United Online based on the aforementioned exchange ratios. If you have any questions regarding your brokerage account, please contact your broker directly.
If you held NetZero or Juno shares in your name (i.e. registered holder), you were mailed instructions on or about September 26, 2001 by our exchange agent regarding the exchange of your shares. Regardless of when you exchange your shares, anyone who held stock of NetZero or Juno on September 26, 2001 is now effectively holding shares of United Online based on the exchange ratios specified above.